IP & VOIP Phone Systems
Cloud based or hosted VoIP (Voice over IP or Voice over Internet Protocol) is a computer-integrated telephone system in which phone service is delivered via your Internet or local network connection. If you are looking to enhance your communication capacity, lower monthly operational costs and expand the functionality of your system, Central Telephone Sales and Service provides complete IP phone system and VoIP phone service solutions. We also offer installation, programming, product support and remote maintenance.
Advantages of VoIP Systems
Cloud based hosted VoIP solutions have evolved into a unified communications service that treats phone calls, faxes, voice mail, e-mail, and video conferences as discrete units of data. This data can, therefore, be delivered via the Internet to any compatible device, including computers, tablets, cellular phones or dedicated telephone hardware. Cloud based VoIP solutions rely entirely on applications, services and resources made available to users via the Internet from a cloud computing provider's servers. This allows businesses to increase capacity, improve functionality and utilize specific options on demand. Without the need for potentially expensive infrastructure and without the need to modify or augment this infrastructure should the user demands change, the versatility of cloud-based VoIP systems have rapidly made them among the most popular options in today’s commercial environment.
- Voice and data coexist over a singular network, which increases efficiency and reduces infrastructure complexity and operational costs.
- VoIP devices have simple, intuitive user interfaces, leveling the field with regard to user proficiency.
- Dual-mode cellular hardware enables users to experience seamless communications as they move between internal and external cellular networks.
- With the utilization of commodity hardware such as laptops, tablets and smartphones, no additional device maintenance requirements are introduced into the equation.
- VoIP is a scalable solution, so when the need arises to add or delete lines, there is no dependence on physical copper infrastructure.
- Integration with other business systems enhances efficiency; such as placing calls directly from an email client or cueing a customer’s records upon an incoming call.
- Ease of reconfiguration to meet changing communication architecture saves time and money.
VoIP services may be deployed using a number of different hardware configurations.
- Dedicated VoIP phones, typically configured as business or office telephones, which connect directly to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi. Depending on the make and model, these can range from basic phones to more powerful platforms replete with a host of options and features.
- Application-based VoIP is generally installed on a computer that is equipped with a microphone and a speaker, or has provisions for a communications headset available.
- Analog adapters allow for the operation of conventional analog telephones with the parent VoIP electronics by means of a modular phone jack.
Since the early innovation of packet network designs in the 1970s and subsequent development over the next four decades, the proliferation of high-bandwidth Internet services spawned an industry of Internet VoIP telephony service providers.
- Stable, fast Internet access is a key requirement for proper performance.
- High traffic networks may introduce latency in the transmission and reception of data. TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) is used at times to alleviate such congestion.
- A number of protocols have been defined to support the reporting of Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Experience (QoE) for VoIP transmissions, ensuring that the industry is both proactive and reactive to any issues as they arise.
When VoIP becomes a consideration for your business, Central Telephone Sales and Service has the experience and expertise to educate, provide and install the solution that best fits your needs. Offering cutting-edge hardware and support, the decision to upgrade your communications to VoIP will save you money and allow you to allocate your resources to enhancing profitability instead of servicing legacy telephone equipment.